Before going deep into the article, let me give you a brief idea about camping hammocks. Camping hammocks are made using a fabric sling which is netted and designed in such a way that it can be used for sleeping and resting. Since, it is a casual and comfortable resting equipment, basically for you to lie down under the sun and feel the cool breeze of the ocean, it consists of a network of intertwined ropes that can be stretched between two firm points such as trees or attached to some other metallic structure.
Here are some advantages of sleeping in an outdoor camping hammock.
1. Sleeping in camping hammock has real advantages than sleeping in a tent once you get used to it. Chief among it is mobility; you can pitch your camp anywhere below the tree line. It is the perfect solution for camping in solitude or when you are between shelters and need to stop for the evening.
2. They are a good option for people who bodies that get cranky when they sleep in the cold ground overnight. They are easier to manage, lighter to take care of before, during and after camping. Moreover, camping hammocks are also less expensive than sleeping bags. This is one the main reasons why people prefer camping hammocks over sleeping bags.
3. Camping hammocks come complete with bedding and cushioning so there is no problem as such if you want to camp in areas that get cold in the evening. You can get a quilt inside the outdoor hammock and some companies have created that extra fabric or foam to keep you warm on cold nights. However, extending the use of your hammock in colder temperatures takes a lot of practice and experimentation, so be prepared for a few cold nights if you try to push the envelope.
4. One of the greatest benefits of a hammock over a tent is shelter from rain, especially heavy rain. People struggle to keep their tents and gear dry each night, while a hammock can easily be hung nice and dry over muck and puddles.
5. Hammock tents are also very versatile. You can suspend them, you can use them on the ground or you can even put them above you when you want to have shelter or want to have fire. All this comes with that one hammock!
6. Camping hammocks come in a variety of colors and patterns so that you can choose the best one, according to your pocket and needs. They are available in any shop that caters to outdoor equipments and are also available online.
So, if you are planning to go on a camping trip then, be sure to carry a hammock along with you!